The MOASC Oncology Summit was held on Saturday, March 11, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency in Huntington Beach. In case you missed it, below is a synopsis of the event.
Opening Remarks and Program Moderator: Lawrence D. Piro, M.D., Vice President, MOASC; President and CEO, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute.
NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER
Session Moderator: Ashkan Lashkari, M.D. MOASC Board of Directors, Wellness Oncology Hematology.
· Edward B. Garon M.D., MS Associate Professor; Director of Thoracic Oncology- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, presented: Personalizing lung cancer therapy in the era of next generation sequencing, targeted therapies, and emerging immunotherapies.
· Karen L. Reckamp, M.D., MS Associate Professor, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, presented: The role of utilizing next generation sequencing diagnostics in the treatment of lung cancer.
HOW DIAGNOSTIC TESTING FITS IN
Session Moderator: Ashkan Lashkari, M.D., MOASC Board of Directors, Wellness Oncology Hematology.
· David Spetzler, PhD, President and Chief Scientific Officer, Caris Life Sciences, presented: Profiling with Caris Molecular Intelligence and R&D offering ADAPT Bio-targeting System.
· James Suh, MD, Senior Pathologist and Associate Medical Director Laboratory Director, Research Triangle Park, NC, Foundation Medicine, presented: Comprehensive Genomic Profiling: Key Insights for Patient Care
SPECIALTY PHARMACY SERVICES
· Presented by: George Missailidis, Regional Director, Specialty Sales, Walgreens, Co.
MACRA- The Final Rule and What You Need to know!
Sybil Green, JD, Director of Coverage and Reimbursement, ASCO.
· Session Moderator: Kevin Chang, M.D., PhD, MOASC Board of Directors, Ventura County Hematology Oncology specialist.
· Przemyslaw Twardowski, M.D., Associate Professor Medical Oncology, City of Hope.
· David I. Quinn, M.D., Associate Professor Medical Oncology, USC
Session Moderator: Warren H. Fong, M.D. President, Medical Oncology Association of Southern California, Inc.
· Amrita Y. Krishnan, M.D., FACP Director, Judy and Bernard Briskin Center for Multiple Myeloma Research Professor, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope Medical Center, presented: Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation for Myeloma in Era of New Drugs.
The entire program was recorded and you can view here: Oncology Summit.