Attention all Administrators, Managers, Nurses and Physicians:
Following is an important update from NHIC Medicare via email to the MOASC office Feruary 3, 2004:
"[NHIC] is providing an updated status on allowing Procrit/Aranesp submitted under procedure codes Q0136, Q0137 or J0880 when rendered for anemia in ESRD or renal patients 'not on dialysis':
* For dates of service 1/1/2004 and after these three codes are allowable when ICD-9's 585 and 285.21 are both submitted as the medical condition;
* System editing was updated on January 27, 2004 to allow payment when these two conditions are billed;
* Mass adjustments will be performed to reprocess claims for Q0136, Q0137 or J0880 submitted for dates of service 1/1/2004 thru 1/27/2004 that were denied when 585 / 285.21 were the reported medical conditions;
* Will let you know when the mass adjustment process has been completed;
* Revised article has not been written or issued on the website yet."
The MOASC office will continue to keep you updated on these developments.