Thank you for joining us for MOASC’s “Spotlight On Clinical Oncology” series presentation by the University of California Irvine on Saturday, July 29, 2017, at the Waterfront Beach Resort, Huntington Beach. In case you were unable to attend, below is a synopsis of the event.
- Breakfast and Exhibit Hall with Program Sponsors.
- Welcome message from Jason Zell, DO, MPH Associate Professor, Depts. Of Medicine & Epidemiology School of Medicine University of California, Irvine
- Sarmen Sarkissian, MD UC Irvine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Fellow, who spoke on ASCO Abstracts Highlights.
- Daniela Bota, MD, PhD UC Irvine Department of Neurology, discussed Neuro-Oncology Updates
- Farshid Dayyani, MD, UC Irvine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, presented potentially Practice Changing Abstracts in Colorectal & Gastro-esophageal Carcinomas.
- Break – Refreshments in the Exhibit Hall with Program Sponsors.
- Rita Mehta, MD UC Irvine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, spoke on Breast Cancer Updates.
- Viola Zhu, MD, PhD UC Irvine, Division of Hematology/Oncology discussed Lung Cancer Updates.
It was delightful to see physicians engage in deeper discussion of challenging patient cases and various treatment questions. It was encouraging to see all of the attendees taking advantage of the opportunity to network with colleagues and faculty in addition to visiting the exhibits to learn about current and upcoming products. MOASC would like to recognize and thank the following companies for their support of this meeting: Agendia, Alexion, Amgen, Astrazeneca, Celgene, Daiichi Sankyo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Eli Lilly, EMD Serono, Merck, Pfizer, Sun Pharma, Takeda, Teva, and University of California, Irvine.
We look forward to seeing you at our next “Spotlight On Hematology” in early 2018.